Iktos is an applied artificial intelligence start-up that helps chemistry researchers improve their molecular discovery, drug design process and synthetic planning in early phases of the pharmaceutical drug discovery phase. This goes through directly providing software to chemists or setting collaboration projects with pharmaceutical companies or biotech companies to perform in-house drug discovery work.
Our technologies leverage many advances in machine and deep learning to generate novel molecules that satisfy the end user’s criteria in a fraction of time and effort, including being sure that novel molecules can be synthesised. Data-driven retrosynthetic analysis is then another key area of research for Iktos and our technology empowers organic chemists with exhaustive analyses in minutes. (If you’re curious about it, go have a look at our open access retrosynthetic planning tool Spaya !)
To support Iktos’ fast-growing team and keep pace with our high number of cutting-edge projects, we are recruiting an Application Scientist Asia. If you wish to join a young team, experience the start-up mindset, while working on exciting projects, reach out to us!
As Application Scientist Asia, you will have the opportunity to work in collaboration with both R&D and Business Development teams and Iktos with direct contact with our customers in Asia. You will initially work in Paris offices for training and next move to Japan for proximity with our customers.
As Application Scientist Asia, you will:
- Work closely with the computational chemists, medicinal chemists, data scientists and engineers at Iktos in Paris to perform feasibility studies for prospective clients and to support the collaborations after they are established.
Coordinate meetings and participate in the performance of the collaborative drug discovery projects established by Iktos in Asia.
Work closely with members of Iktos business development team to establish and support customers for Iktos offerings and products.
Provide input (customer feedback, market needs, improvement needs) to Iktos scientific and product development team to contribute to the R&D and product roadmap
Lead internal research projects and case studies, publish papers and present at conferences
Your job will be initially located in Paris (17th) with flexible remote work and will next be located in Japan, Asia (“VIE” contract, 6 months training in France before moving to Japan).
Our ideal candidate should have the following skillset:
- Ph.D. in computational chemistry, medicinal chemistry, or closely related field
- Post-doctoral research and/or relevant experience in the commercial sector
- A solid understanding of the commercial drug discovery process
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at Iktos and Iktos’ clients and partners
- Experience in one or more of the following is highly desired: molecular dynamics simulations, docking, free energy calculation methods, protein modeling, ligand-based drug design, chemoinformatics.
- Excellent English language skills (both verbal and written).
- French/Japanese language skills would be considered a bonus.
- Python programming experience
- Willingness to travel
- Start date: ASAP
- Type of contract: VIE
- Location: initially Paris (17th district) with remote work flexibility; next Japan (after 6 months training)
- Contact: email@example.com
Please send your resume and availability for a first phone discussion by email.